There comes a point in a traveller's life when such a choice must be made, and it's not always easy to pick a side.
There is design, colour, comfort, weight, internal volumes, brands, guarantees and overheard storage space to consider and it's a tad overwhelming when you're searching for the perfect constant travel companion.
As we are in the luggage business, we often have conflicting opinions about which is best.
So we have put together a list of pro's and con's for each one.
Advantages: 4 wheels
- Heavier suitcases are easier to push
- Easier for the elderly when travelling
- Easier for travelling with families
- They can be pushed along with relative ease
- They walk beside you rather than dragged behind you
- More stable as the weight is spread over 4 wheels rather than 2
- 4 wheels easier to roll away - need to hang on to it all the time
- Potentially takes up more space in an overhead locker
- Looks like your taking it for a walk like a dog or pushing your shopping trolley
- 4 wheels adds (minimal) overall weight
- If one wheel goes, you are back to 2 wheels anyway
- Maybe more difficult to take up stairs?
Advantages: 2 wheels
Easier to store in an overhead cabin locker
Lighter in weight
Easier to manouver over a variety of different surfaces ie: cobbles, etc
Your bag will not run away on a slight incline
Disadvantages: 2 wheels
2 wheels can be abit wobbly on uneven surfaces
It needs to be dragged behind you
So help us out fellow travellers; how many wheels do you swear by?