Monday 12 November 2012

Reminder to myself for my next holiday

Reminder to myself for next year: 

If I am going on holiday for 14 days, and the villa has a washing machine, I do NOT NEED to take 28kg of luggage with me. Especially when my allowance was only 21kg. 

This little oversight cost me £70 with Jet2. 

Admittedly some of it was food (as I have a food allergy), but that weight was just ridiculous. And I was wearing my heaviest items with me, and my laptops and power cables were all in my hand luggage - so no excuses there.

I really do not know what came over me, and working in the luggage industry, I ought to know better. I even checked to see if I needed to bring my own beach towel with the villa company incase I did not need to pack one. ( I did )

Admittedly, I was abit rushed when packing, and I had washed and ironed too many clothes, just incase I wanted to take something else with me. I think it was the 'just incase clothing' that finally tipped it over the edge.  

I do not need 7 t-shirts, 4 sundresses, and 5 sirongs for 'daytime around the pool'. In hindsight, I needed a list of of clothes that go together and remember to weigh my case before I leave for the airport.



How do you prepare for packing for your holidays?

 


1 comment:

  1. When we go for long or short travel we should need different types of luggage for our need. There are several categories of luggage are available in our local market. Mainly, Luggage is made by clothe or leather. Now, people can easily buy different kinds of luggage through the online. Hides in Shape can provide these kinds of facilities.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments below. Always looking for interesting blogs so if you fancy posting a guest blog please let me know.